Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Steps!

This is just a quick little update. Emma took her first steps on Sunday, January 31! The was standing at the coffee table, and Daddy had her walker a few steps away. She turned around and tried walking over to it! Unfortunately, she had a toy in her hand and was unable to grab the walker... needless to say, she crashed! However, she was not discouraged and keeps practicing. Two steps here. Three steps there! In just a few days, she has gotten much better and much braver.

In other Emma news... Emma has cut her top two fangs (lateral incisors), and her top middle teeth will probably pop through any day now. She is doing a little bit better in daycare, though she still has to be pried off of me when I drop her off. I have decided to up my work week to three days. Emma will be in daycare two days, and Paul will have her on Fridays. I am heartbroken to have to be away from her for three days, but I think we both need to learn how to be away from each other. Next week will be the hardest, because I will be working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, which means Emma will have to go to daycare for three days in a row. Paul and I both have meeting all three days. I am hoping it will help her bond with her teachers a bit better. Paul and I will both be at the same hotel for our meetings, so we will be carpooling on Wednesday and Thursday. Which means... Paul can drop Emma off at daycare and save me the heartbreak! Hooray!

I don't have too much more to say. Emma will be 10 months tomorrow, and I am baffled as to where the time has gone. Paul and I are crossing our fingers that everything is approved my the home inspector so we can finally sell the house before our time runs out. That will alleviate a HUGE amount of stress! We are all three doing well, and we are very much looking forward to Spring and camping and swimming in Fossil Creek!

No comments: