Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Better late than never

Paul and I had our 24 week appointment on Thursday, December 11. I had to have an ultrasound to measure the length of my cervix, and all is well so far. The ultrasound was done internally, so we were only able to see part of Baby's head. No risk of seeing the gender!

After the ultrasound, we had our doctor's appointment. Baby's heart rate was 155, and Baby thought the doppler was a fun toy to kick at. My blood pressure has gone back down, and I gained 4 more pounds. I feel like that is pretty good considering I ate like a horse over Thanksgiving. The doctor prescribed me some Tylenol 3 for my migraines, and it finally kicked out my two-day migraine that was refusing to leave on its own. I felt guilty taking the medicine, but it was only once, and the doctor said it's completely safe.

In the week since our appointment, I have felt Baby from the outside once and even got to see my belly jiggle from a kick. Someday soon, hopefully Paul will be able to see and feel too. He always seems to just miss it!

No comments: