Friday, October 7, 2011

The important stuff

I should be posting about Asher's 9 month appointment and Emma's 2.5 year appointment. I should be telling you all about Asher's new teeth or how off I was on his 8 month measurements I attempted to take at home. I should be telling you about how smart Emma is and how she is seemingly psychic. Instead, I am going to share a little story with you. Enjoy!

Emma: My tummy's talking.
Me: Really? What's it saying?
Emma: It's singing Twinkle Little Star. My butt sings, too. With a measuring cup.
Me: ...

We were in the shower during this conversation. Emma proceeds to sing Twinkle Little Star while rinsing her bottom with a measuring cup. It gets "stuck" on her butt cheek.

Emma: Oh! Oh! It's stuck in my butt!
Me: It's not stuck. Just move it.
Emma: It's sooooo stuck! ::moves measuring cup away from rear end:: Whew! I did it! It's off! That was sooooo close!
Me: ...

Apparently that was a life or death situation. I'm glad it all worked out in the end for her.

Now THAT is the stuff baby book should be make out of.

No comments: