Wednesday, March 18, 2009

37 Week Update

We had another appointment on Thursday. All is well. We discovered the reason the doctor couldn't find my cervix is because it's already in an anterior position. Baby's head is down low and my cervix is facing the right way... so why won't Baby come?!?!?! I am just so ready to meet him or her, and so is Paul. Everyone keeps telling me to be patient, but I have never been a patient person. I am very, very tempted to go train for a marathon or maybe sing horrible opera until Baby gets fed up enough to come out! As I am writing this, by the way, I am 38 weeks. So, I'm not really hoping for a 3 week early baby. I just call this my 37 week update, as I had intended to share our doctor's office experience. Basically, all is well. I am healthy, and Baby is too. Paul and I get more and more excited every day. I did not gain any more weight, though I did have a coconut cream pie shake two days in a row afterward, so we'll see what happens this Friday. My blood pressure spiked while having a particularly painful contraction at the doctor's office, but they went away and my BP went back down. I am starting to swell, though not horribly. I can't sleep from 3-5 AM for some reason. I have been sick with a cold, but it is going away. We got our coming home outfit, so all is ready for Baby's arrival. Not much more to update on. Oh! Baby likes to poke really hard with his or her feet, so that's fun to watch! That's really all I have for now!

No comments: