Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am a big fat walrus!

I sincerely hope every one enjoys my belly pictures, because they make me feel like a big fat walrus. Though when I am stuck on my back in bed, I feel like a big fat tortoise. And Paul would simply say that I am a water buffalo. Basically... I AM SO DONE!!!! I have a very patient child (very unlike Mommy, says Paul), so I am pretty sure Baby will be late. We had an appointment last Friday, and... you guessed it... NO PROGRESS! I have tried dancing, hiking up mountains, evening primrose oil, raspberry tea, spicy food, squats... You name it, I've tried it. Except for castor oil, which makes no sense to me, so I'm not trying it. If the doctor tells me on Thursday, "I still can't get my big finger in there", I am going to kick him in the face! I am still having random contractions, and Baby pushes so hard against my cervix that I want to cry, but this has been going on for WEEKS now, and to no avail. I love my baby so much. I am very glad that I am capable of carrying a baby to term, but I am done. Baby has cooked long enough. It is time to come out and meet Mommy and Daddy. And if one more person says, "have you had your baby yet?" while looking at my big fat walrus body, I am going to punch them in the face! I really am a happy mommy right now, but I am uncomfortable, and patience has never been a virtue of mine. I just needed to vent. Baby and I are doing very well. I still have not gained any more weight (I'm not sure where all the cream pie shakes are hiding), and my blood pressure is perfect. I have very slight swelling, and my tummy is measuring right on. Baby has a beautiful heart rate, which makes us all happy. What an amazing thing to be able to grow such a perfect little person so easily. I may be moderately uncomfortable and moody as heck (but what else is new), but you would seriously think growing a little person should be harder to do. Just wait until I meet this baby. Then I'll really be shocked at how efficient this fat walrus body can be!

No comments: