Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Baby,

We will be at 40 weeks tomorrow. I know first time mommies sometimes go past their due date and only a small percent of mommies actually go in to labor on their due date. Wouldn't it be fun to beat the odds. You could come on your due date tomorrow. You would be born at 40 weeks and on your due date, thus going again TWO statistics. That sounds very fun to me!

I love you more than you will ever know, but you are putting me through quite a bit of pain. I am cramping constantly, but I am not contracting. My back feels like a donkey kicked me, and everything I eat makes my tummy hurt. You are obviously getting quite cramped, as your rear and feet are still in my ribs. I think it would be much better if you would just come out and meet all the people who are so excited for your arrival. Your room is ready, and Trixie and Lexus constantly check it to see if you are there yet. Your clothes are washed and folded and have been for several weeks. I have tried everything I can think of to try to coax you out. I have hiked, walked, hopped and marched around the house. I am taking evening primrose oil to help soften my cervix, and I have even used visualization. the doctor tore my insides apart to help aid in your arrival, yet you seem to find like in my tummy quite comfortable. I am concerned that I may have freaked you out by making you think life on the outside is strenuous and hectic. That is very much NOT so.

So from now on, I am going to try to relax. I will take a nice warm bath tonight, and we will listen to Beethoven. I think this is all going to turn out the way out breech situation did. No matter how hard I tried to flip you, you didn't budge until you were good and ready. I just thought I would make one final plea to you. We are so excited to meet you, and sooner would be preferable to later! We all love you, Baby, and hope to meet you soon!

No comments: