Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

This past Wednesday evening, Thursday and Friday I was out of town for a conference. It was so nice an relaxing to be "away". Paul had gone out of town earlier in the week and took the dogs to stay with his parents. So I had two nights to myself, and then Paul and I met up after our conferences. When Paul and I meet up at my hotel, he presents me with a card and a gift card to Target. He said he wanted to do something to show me how happy he is that we are going to have a baby. My first thought, I have the sweetest husband in the world. My second thought, hello new bra!!! Also, I am certain I felt the baby move a couple of times while I was away. They were distinct thuds! I know what gas feels like... but this was NOT gas!! Overall, a very nice time away!



On Saturday, Paul and I went to pick up the dogs, and that is when life hit me again and the fun started. Drake, our husky /shepherd, cries the whole time he is in the car and steps on the other dogs. Lexus, the Great Dane, always has the stinkiest poots! The other two are worry free as far as car rides go. When we got home, there were deer all over in the yard. That's always fun! One was even in the driveway and refused to move when Paul tried to drive up. I had to get out and ask her to move. After looking around and deciding she could oblige, the mama moved. I thought, "what a nice way to be greeted home". Ha!



When Paul and I went inside, we realized the house was really cold. Upon further investigation, we discovered the heater pilot light was out. Luckily, the house was not left unheated long enough to freeze! Been there... done that... so don't want to ever have to deal with that again! We finally get the heater going again, and all is well. I decided I was a little hungry so Paul and I snacked on chips, and I had some cheese dips with mine. After snacking for a little while, I realized there was mold on the lid of the dip jar and around the edges. Paul's response, "just pick out the mold". REALLY!!!??? Guys are so effing gross!! The I realize Paul is eating straight out of the bag with the hands he just used to put more wood on the fire. Wood that is from the shed where there are dead mice and rat poison. I ask if he happened to wash his hands. He says no, but "I only used my left hand for the wood and I am eating with my right hand". I told him the chips are his. Later that night I go to take a shower and Paul comes in to tell me I will not have hot water. Apparently the water heater went out as well, and we didn't think to check it. Must have had a bubble in the gas supply. So hooray for taking a tepid shower. Luckily it was not cold. Just not hot.



Sunday. Not so bad. Alpine, the Border Collie, ran away, and I found him in the field behind our house chasing deer. The deer in our area live in the neighborhood during the winter. They are not very afraid of dogs. One of these days they will gang up on him and teach him a lesson, I hope! As the day passes I acquire one of the worst migraines of my life. Not to mention my hips decided they are not quite wide enough yet, so they have begun the spreading process. I have lived with headaches and hip pain for most of my adult life, so I can live with that. I offer Paul $100 if he will cook dinner for us. I have pizza stuff set out, and all he had to do was put it all together. He is more than happy to oblige. His only questions, where's the sauce? We don't have any! WTH! I forgot to soak beans to make enchiladas, and I don't have sauce to make pizza. He improvises, and all is well.



Monday. There is something floating in my water. It is brown, and it is NOT little. It is slime!! Lovely. I like drinking slime. I ask my coworker if she knows what is going on. She says the cooler probably needs to be cleaned. In the past eight years that she has been here it has NEVER been cleaned!! I take everything apart, and there is a layer of beautiful brown slime coating the inside of the cooler. Yum!! Mold and now slime!! So I clean out the water cooler, and I am now drinking soap water. However, I figure soap water is better than slime water. I am so, so looking forward to my vacation next week!!

No comments: